Zombie Game Dev and more Oh My!
To follow the project, check out my posts!
Xheis's game dev of a persistent zombie, waved based action RPG, RTS defence
This project aims to produce a action RPG with RTS elements.
The way I describe it is:
"A persistent base building, zombie wave based action rts with rpg elements."
There are three main requirements that I aim to achieve in this game:
- Decent AI
- Basic pathfinding, objective based behavour, and interaction with other entities.
- Ally AI would be able to take up guard positions, search for Enemies, patrol and sustain formations (e.g. search patrol, standing around a fire)
- Enemy would need to be able to hurl themselves at the enemy in both predictable, and unpredictable manners.
- Basic Terrain construction
- Terrain should not be a nightmare to create, understand and change.
- note: Procedural generation will be avoided until other project details are crafted.
- Game Mechanics takes precedence over visuals.
I intend to actually play this game, and so I would prefer it if I could leave the visuals to last.
- OPTIONAL: This game sounds like it'd be sweet co-op, so where possible, I will consider this is data structuring and object creation.